Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekend Roundup...

It's been a great weekend at the Callison house. We have been relaxing and just enjoying some family time. Yesterday we had J-crew over which is always fun. We had an Italian themed dinner and I made Baked Ziti and Chicken Marsala which everyone always loves.  I also snuck out yesterday for a pedi and a little shopping with Lisa so that was fun. Today, I am heading over to Shanti's for a Jewelry party with the girls and then we are hoping to do something fun with the family.

On another note - Mike and I are starting a DIET............... The word itself makes me nervous, but we are five days in and doing great. Mike has been wanting to lose some weight for some time now and I could also benefit from shedding a few pounds. So, we did some research and with the help of some great friends we started Medifast. I am such a foodie and don't like diets but I told myself I would try it and gave myself a goal of 20 lbs and an end date of Labor Day weekend. I know that is not a lot of time but we have our annual J-crew trip then and I want to eat and have fun on the trip. So, if I can stay on it until then I will consider it a success. We eat five Medifast meals a day (bar, shake, smoothie, soup, oatmeal, brownies, pudding, and some other options) and then one Lean/Green meal a day. Mike and I have started off great. He is down eight lbs and I am down five lbs. I took pictures of us on Wednesday when we started, they are horrible but I wanted something to compare to. We had our first "hurdle" last night with having J-crew over but we both did great. We didn't drink or have dessert. We planned for our Lean/Green meal for Dinner and stayed strong....... Here are some pictures...

                                                                           Day 1

                                                                            Day 1 (horrible pic)

                                                               J-Crew @ The Callison's
 
                                                           J-crew girls and my sissy....

                                                                     Our men......

No comments:

Post a Comment