Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My BIG Boy Jayden!

As most of you already know we had some excitement at the Callison house two weeks ago (5/30). Jayden started feeling sick around 5pm on Friday and by Saturday morning he could not even get out of bed, so my "mommy instincts" kicked in and I knew this was not just a tummy bug.. Oh no, it was much more.... Appendicitis.... So, after waiting almost 10 hours Jayden had an Appendectomy and because his Appendix ruptured he had to stay in the hospital for 7 days so he could have round the clock IV meds. He was such a champ through it all. I could not believe how good he was for being my sensitive little guy. The picture below is not one with a happy face, but it is the only one I could upload at the time. Hopefully, I will be able to add some other ones, like when Nana brought a cake, frosting, and candles to the hospital so Jayden could give mommy a cake for her birthday. Jayden had one special friend go through it all with him, and that was Boo-Boo Bear. He even went into surgery with him. Jayden, mommy and daddy are SO very proud of you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, poor Jayden, that is not fun! Im glad to her he is doing better though.

    I was talking to Terra last week, we should all plan a dinner soon, let me know if you are in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaydens a TROOPER anddddddddd shy, but a trooper! Im glad that hes up and going now and everything went smoothe because we sure did need/want you back in the branch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsay- Let's get dinner on the calendar,that is the only way it works for me....Miss you!

    Tawny- You are so sweet, I miss you girls when I am gone as well!

    ReplyDelete