Friday, November 20, 2009

Sweet Little Kate McRae...

Hello friends...

Some of you might remember me posting about a darling little girl who lives right here in Chandler, AZ. Her name is Kate Mcrae, and she is a precious five year old that is battling brain cancer. I first heard about Kate's story from my friend Kim at The TomKat Studio. Kates mom, Holly recently came up with the idea to start Kate's Crazy Cool Christmas Toy Drive! The toy drive is on it's way to being a huge success. They are asking for unwrapped toys, puzzles, stuffed animals, books, and anything else that you think a child would love during the holiday season. The Mcrae family is going to personally distribute all the gifts to the PICU and Oncology unit at Phoenix Children's Hospital on Christmas Day. How amazing, that during such a difficult time this family is trying to make the holidays better for other families while they are enduring so much of their own.
If anyone would like to donate to Kate's Crazy Cool Christmas Toy Drive, I am going to coordinate with Kim at The Tomkat Studio to get all the gifts to Cornerstone Christian Church in Chandler. This is where all the toys and gifts are being collected at.

A new website was just launched at, http://www.prayforkate.com/ you can go there for more information in regards to the journey this family is on.. Kate has pulled on my heartstrings, and has made me hug and kiss the J & J boys tighter each night. I am so thankful for my boys and can't imagine the difficult road this family is on.



1 comment: