Monday, July 13, 2009

Heartache for a Chandler Family


Last week I was introduced to a sweet little girl named Kate. I became familiar with Kate's story because my friend Kim blogged about her on her site, (http://www.tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/). Kate is a 5 year old who lives with her family here in Chandler, and two weeks ago was diagnosed with a very aggressive brain tumor. She had surgery last week at Phoenix Children's Hospital and the doctors are currently getting a treatment plan ready for Kate.

Her mom Holly set up a web-site (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate) and is detailing every step while Kate and their family go through this very difficult journey. Holly talks about how just two weeks ago Kate was playing, swimming, laughing and enjoying life like any five year old should be. And now, in a blink of an eye their future has been changed forever. I can't imagine how her heart is breaking for her little girl. I know how difficult it was for Mike and I when Jayden was in the hospital and he thankfully had a very routine(Appendectomy) surgery.

I am amazed by the faith and strength this family has. Take a moment to hold your little ones a little tighter today, I know I am!
























No comments:

Post a Comment