Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great Friends.....

There are two things that are really important to me, family and friends. I have been through some very difficult times over the past five years and I am not sure I would of been able to get through them whithout those special people in my life. I am very blessed to have friends in different circles, but the J-Crew is a very special group of people. We named ourselves the J-Crew, because we all met while our children were at the JCC. A few of us started way back when Jayden was two and a few others joined a year later.

At first, the kiddos brought us together, but as time went on the mom's started meeting for coffee, going on field trips together and before we knew it friendships were blossomings. As time evolved, we decided our hubbies would all enjoy each other as well, so we started our monthly "J-Crew" get together's. The dinners consisted of rotating at each other's homes, but some months we would take a break and try a new restuarant. Before long we all became such great friends, the guys play their weekly Wei Touraments, the girls gather for our movies nights and last year we started our Annual Labor Day Celebration.

As last year approached and all the kiddos were starting Kindergarten we were a bit worried that a little bit of distance would make it harder for us all to stay in touch, but it didn't. Some of the kiddos play sports together, others share playdates, and we all get together as families to have fun at least monthly. This past weekend while the guys played Golf,(yes, in the 110 AZ heat), the girls got the afternoon started with the kiddos. After the guys came home we had an awesome Mexican Themed Dinner. It was a great night!

You know me, I am always snapping pictures and I thought the one of the kiddos was so great (and I had to add one of the adults too)! These five sweet kids have been together since they are two and they are now the "Mini J-Crew"...

I can't wait for our 2nd Annual Labor Day Celebration and I am so happy that each of you are a part of our life!



No comments:

Post a Comment